Update blocks on current drawing

Sambuddy

Good afternoon,

would anyone let me know if it is possible to accomplish the following:

I would like to copy objects (window selection) from an xref to the drawing I am executing the command. Ncopy is the closest that comes to what I would like but my xrefs are dynamic block type and I do not want bits and pieces rather the objects in their layer from and block format. Is it possible for you to ponder as my work load would extremely decrease. Currently I have a drawing file called blocks and I have two screens. I have to have the second monitor dedicated to that block drawing and copy and paste manually to my current drawing. My idea was that I could create an xref on my template so it would load up with my new drawing set, then each time I needed to refer to some blocks, I could easily access them (and update my xref as needed when I want). as you can see in the dwg file attached that objects I am trying to copy, from say this xref, are nested dynamic blocks.

Thanks 

test_xref.dwg

FOLLOW UP QUESTION ON THE INITIAL QUESTION**:

I would like to copy objects (window selection) from an xref to the drawing I am executing the command. Ncopy is the closest that comes to what I would like but my xrefs are dynamic block type and I do not want bits and pieces rather the objects in their layer from and block format. Is it possible for you to ponder as my work load would extremely decrease. Currently I have a drawing file called blocks and I have two screens. I have to have the second monitor dedicated to that block drawing and copy and paste manually to my current drawing. My idea was that I could create an xref on my template so it would load up with my new drawing set, then each time I needed to refer to some blocks, I could easily access them (and update my xref as needed when I want). as you can see in the dwg file attached that objects I am trying to copy, from say this xref, are nested dynamic blocks.

Thanks 

SECOND PART OF THE QUESTION:

**)now is it possible to update the blocks copied from the first part of my questions only by updating the xref? My drawing set that are called general blocks is massive with so many blocks, nested blocks and objects. Previously I used to simple open the general block file and copy and paste the blocks into the current drawing. I guess I am looking for an automated way to update the blocks that are already placed on on drawing. Some drawings have blocks that the blocks are oriented in a specific way. e.g. Azimuth sign ( a line with a label) are positioned on the plan that points to say 40 degrees. Without changing the block to original state (which would be say drawn straight up as original block), is it possible to update the block?

Thanks 

test_2.dwg

yes I have used Lee`s Lisp. It does not do what I explained. I did not want to import a bunch of blocks. I wanted to have my xref visually showing my block drawing on my opened new drawing and then export/copy them as needed. The reason for this is because my blocks include other detached blocks, some nested blocks that are a combinations of this block and some other nuts and bolts that are attached and of course leaders other annotations that are not part of the block. By finding what I need on my project, I would have liked to just pick from this x-ref. I hope I am clear. "Steal" lisp does not do that for me.

Thanks