Trace the outer most polylines

ScoRm

hi, i searched the thread but i dont see anything that fits my problem.

I have this multiple objects, mostly polylines circles and Lines.

and i wanted to trace the outermost, and delete the inside.

i tried region and union, but sometimes, it fails, and leave something inside. and when i try to fix it. sometimes i get confused, if its still inside or outside...

my initial approach was to hatch everything and just trace the sides, so that the parts where it didnt intersect will remain. but its a bit time consuming so, i came here to ask for help.

i will try to give example

just the outside.dwg

1st answer is turn on your plines in the dwg this gives lots of clues of maybe how to do. For any one else they are set to color 0,0,0 so you can not see them.

2nd now I can see them try www.Lee-mac.com convex hull.

3rd I am not sure why hpislandmode and hpislanddetection are not working.

4th is to super trim the objects and end up with an outer shape hmmmm. Pity super trim does not exist or does it ?

There is a command in AutoCAD Architecture called 'Shrinkwrap' or to be exact....'lineworkshrinkwrap'. It does something very similar to what you are asking about. Not sure if this helps but just pointing out that an existing solution.

acad_arch_shrinkwrap.gif

Here is another alternative.

thank you sir lee mac, i also use your global width to polyline outline here..

but, this one you gave fails specially with too much polylines and circles, involve. so i pick them by batch to lessen the load.. IDK why it fails though, but thanks! so much for helping me

Sorry, that was an older version. This one allows circles too.

Thank you sir! you made my life easier!

There is a command in AutoCAD Architecture called 'Shrinkwrap' or to be exact....'lineworkshrinkwrap'. It does something very similar to what you are asking about. Not sure if this helps but just pointing out that an existing solution.

wow! i need do download Architecture to try that out!

acad_arch_shrinkwrap.gif

Not sure about that Al. It might be embedded pretty deep. It is just a normal AcadArch command, it's been there for years. I would have no idea on where to look.

Lee to the rescue again, "shrinkwrap" is supported in CIV3D, I am sure I typed it the other day so much for my spelling, exactly what I wanted for my task.